I’m sitting here teaching Arielle Mathematics, and waiting for her to respond to me … simple maths like how much is left after $$ amount is spent – basically, it’s addition/subtraction. Since she’s taking a long long time to think, I thought I’d cool down a bit by writing down my thoughts and ask myself some questions:
- Why am I getting so agitated/frustrated?
- Why am I raising my voice?
- What does she learn in school when she can’t do a simple Q like RM1 – 0.45sen??
- Is it because I have not followed up with her close enough?
- Why do I feel like I’m gonna bleed through my ears, mouth and nose??
- Is this normal when teaching one’s own child?
- Should I be praying for more patience?
- Could it be due to the fact that I’m also trying to swat that one-single-super-annoying mosquito that’s been trying to feed on me with the batt-operated racquet under the table?
And guess what? I also happen to see this just this morning… what does it even mean?? no homework?
*hands up* Can we please shift to Finland, please? Lesser mosquitoes there too.